Grammarly is a free contextual proofreading tool: it’s an advanced grammar, spelling, and punctuation tool that’s integrated into your Chrome web browser! Not only does Grammarly help correct mistakes it helps improve one’s grammar. Each suggested correction comes with a short explanation. And that explanation can be expanded to give more detail and show examples.
How it works:
Grammarly checks your writing and underlines mistakes. Rest over the underline and you see a suggested change; then correct the mistake with just one click.
Where it works:
- Email, Facebook, Twitter and almost anywhere you can write online
- Comes with its own online word-processor for checking continuous text documents
- Upload documents into the Grammarly word-processor
- Microsoft Word add-on (paid feature)
- Checks for misspellings
- Corrects grammatical errors such as redundant commas
- Uses sentential context to detect word confusion (e.g. “she paid me a complement”)
- Checks for style errors such as repeating a word too often or using colloquialisms (paid feature)
- Checks for possible plagiarism (paid feature)