Word is the foundation for so much of what we do with our computers. Many of the programs described in this page, like concept mapping and text-to-speech programs, work closely with Word. Word is also very familiar. But there are hidden depths to the program and new features are added all the time.
Here are some of my favorite Word features:
- Change the page colour to ease visual stress
- Use the heading styles and the navigation pane to move easily between different sections of your document without scrolling
- Rearrange paragraphs without cutting and pasting
- Search within your document for keywords or phrases
- Add a contents page with just one click!
- Use Word's referencing tool to add citations and a bibliography
- Add comments (and comments on comments!)
- Put all your favorite features in the 'Quick access menu' where they will always be visible