Workplace Inclusion Coordinator
8th January 2021 by Maya Woodley
Diversity and Ability (D&A) is an award-winning disabled-led social enterprise that specialises in workplace inclusion, accessibility, inclusive technologies and training, with the ultimate aim of ensuring disabled people are included in our society and are enabled to thrive.
You will be filling a key role within the organisation, utilising your broad range of administrative, organisational and communication skills to support the new business development team of a dynamic social enterprise. You will be working alongside the current coordinator.
You might be looking for your first exciting working role or an experienced project coordinator who would welcome the chance to get involved and become part of our dynamic social enterprise. This is a role with meaning and purpose that needs someone who is excited by positive social change. You will be highly organised and have great attention to detail, with the confidence to share your ideas and work collaboratively with the new business development team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Calendar Scheduling for workshop/training sessions, meetings or calls with our workplace clients
- Workshop planning and logistics – confirming all details with clients, liaising with trainers, clarifying objectives, sharing resources and supporting with presentations such as gathering feedback, providing CPD certificates and follow up reminders.
- Project coordination of larger client projects – monitoring and tracking activity, ensuring deliverables are met, ensuring of the team are aware of timeframes etc.
- Support the new business development team with logistics such as venues, travel, accommodation as required
- Working with finance to ensure all invoices are raised and tracked
- Keeping client records up to date
- Consultancy support – involvement in report writing and proofreading
- Organising, arranging and coordinating meetings between the new business development team and clients
- Provide general administrative and copywriting support to the new business development team including drafting correspondence with clients, note-taking in meetings and organising any support materials needed for meetings or events
- Provide general administrative support to the operations team on an ad-hoc basis
The successful candidate should:
- Be proficient in using Google Suite- GMail, Google Calendar, Google Docs and Google Drive
- Possess excellent communication and organisational skills
- Have an interest in social enterprise and disability inclusion
- Possess the ability to multitask
- Have great attention to detail
- Work independently and to deadlines
- Be self-motivating, team-oriented and energetic
- Be willing to show initiative and input ideas
- Have a thorough and methodical approach to work
- Be willing to travel occasionally
D&A is committed to equal opportunities, inclusion and diversity. We are a Disability Confident Leader and encourage openness around mental health, hidden and visible disabilities. We have built a supportive team that is committed to your wellbeing, progression and development. We can offer:
- Possibility to work from home regularly or on an ad-hoc basis
- Flexible hours
- Support with an Access to Work funding application if required
- Comprehensive training on disability and equality, specific learning differences and neurodiversity, study skills/ workplace strategies, assistive technology
- Regular continual professional development (CPD) opportunities
- A supportive team of talented, knowledgeable and passionate colleagues
- Invitation to regular wellbeing and sociable activity
- Opportunities to get involved in various social justice projects (eg. supporting homeless individuals)
At D&A we believe in giving candidates a choice in how they apply for the role and what medium they use to do so. Therefore, to apply for the role please send a covering letter, short video or audio recording telling us:
- A bit about yourself and your interests
- What experience you have that shows us you can carry out the responsibilities of the role
- Why you think you will be the right candidate for the role
Please address your application to Emma Turner on email@example.com
Submission Deadline: 5pm Monday 25th January 2021
Interviews: To take place week commencing 1st February 2021
For Further Information:
You can call us on 07519070503 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or if you need this job description in an alternative format.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled people, and guarantee interviews to disabled applicants who meet the minimum job criteria.
Department: Workplace InclusionTeam
Hours per week: 3 days per week
Location: Flexible – either Brighton head office or remotely
Salary: £20 000 per annum pro rata (3 days per week)
Start Date: As soon as possible